Thursday 23 June 2011

To Remove Email Validation in WordPress

In one of my project i had to assigned existing Mail Ids to new users added by Admin in WordPress. so i do following steps.
1) if we are adding new users to a Blog then wpmu_validate_user_signup() validates username and email id for each new user. this is called at wp_admin/user_new.php.

2) This function and other WordPress functions are defined in wp_include/ms_functions.php. wpmu_validate_user_signup() is written at line-516 in ms_function.php. here email_exists($emailid) is called to check the existence of mail id supplied with new username.
3) email_exists() function is defined at Line 1312 at wp_includes/user.php.

by commenting the code at email_exists() i can easily by pass the validation of existing email id check, and thus can create number of users with same mail Id.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad I found this web site, I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to.Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my web site. http://verifications.io

    ReplyDelete